How to customize browse issue screen?

Tadatoshi Sekiguchi October 14, 2012

Hi,

I added some custom fields and set every screens to include them.

But they are not appear on browse issue screen (http://[ondemandURL]/browse/[Issue-ID] ).

How do I configure to show on the screen?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2012

Check that the fields are

1. On the right screens (You probably have done that, as you've added them to every screen, but check anyway - the screen you are looking at is strictly the VIEW screen for the issue, so it's worth checking through the "issue type screen scheme")

2. Not "hidden" in the project's "field configuration"

3. Have the right "context" - from the list of custom fields, check that the field belongs to the right project and issue types (if in doubt, switch to "global", which means "always show on everything")

4. Have data. Jira won't display empty fields. So make sure there is data for the fields.

Tadatoshi Sekiguchi October 14, 2012

Thank you, Nic!

My problem was 4. I checked several issues but they have no values in it. thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2012

I've been using Jira for years, and #4 still bites me when I'm testing stuff :-)

Suggest an answer