How to customize Issue Submit

TJ Baker August 1, 2013

Iv'e been reading the documentation, other answers here, and searching Google for a solution to help me wrap my brain around this question, all to no avail.
I'm probably just being daft, but I cannot figure it out.

I'd like to create a customized screen (I think that's the correct term?) to use for submitting tickets for certain projects.

I have set up a Field Configuration, but cannot seem to have that configuration used by project when submitting an issue.

Furthermore, I'd also like to customize the 'types' in this particular project as well, and have it be usable in Greenhopper.

I see Issue Types, and Issue Type Schemes, but getting it all tied together is confusing the heck out of me.

Here's exactly the 'view' I'd like to have when someone submits a ticket to this particular project, in Greenhopper (Kanban):

Project: unchanged from default
Issue Type: Improvement, Bug, New Feature, Task (remove Epic and Story)
Priority: unchanged
Due Date: unchanged
Affects Version/s: Hidden
Fix Version/s: Hidden
Component/s: Hidden
Assignee, Reporter, Environment, Description, Original Estimage, Remaining Estimage, Attachment, Labels: All unchanged
Epic Link: Hidden

Thanks in advance for reading this, and for any help.

Cheers,

tj

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user August 1, 2013

Have you read this tutorial? I think the solution for most answers do you have is right here. They have examples too.

http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials.html

TJ Baker August 1, 2013

Had not seen that one .. will check it out and let you know if it does indeed get me the answers I'm after.

At first glance it seems much of it is written for host-your-own installs, but perhaps the info I'm after will apply to OnDemand too....

Thanks!

Suggest an answer