IssueTypeA

• IssueTypeA subtask1
  • IssueTypeA subtask2
  • IssueTypeA subtask3

IssueTypeB

• IssueTypeB subtask1
  • IssueTypeB subtask2
  • IssueTypeB subtask3

When creating an issue, I can select between IssueTypeA and IssueTypeB in the drop down.

When creating subtasks within any of those IssueTypesA and B, however, the dropdown shows me all sub tasks available, regardless if I am creating a sub task for IssueTypeA or IssueTypeB.

Is it possible to configure JIRA in such a way, that I can only see drop down values for subtasks that belong to its parent issue? In this example, I only want to see IssueTypeB subtask1-3 if creating subtask within IssueTypeB.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

K

2 answers

0 votes
Kian Pariwar November 2, 2016

hmm, that is a pitty. thanks for the clarification.

i will then work with easily identifiable icons then as a workaround.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2016

JIRA considers sub-task types to belong to projects, not the top-level issue type.  Any top-level issue can have any sub-task type that is in the project attached to it.

On Server, you've got some options with code to change that (you'd allow the full list, but then use a hack to remove the ones you don't want based on the top-level type), but Cloud does not allow for the code changes you'd need to make.

Suggest an answer