How to create web panel in Jira?

Mik January 25, 2013

Hi Guys.

I'm trying but I can't find good example, how to add panel in inssue view.

(The same like attachments)

I wish to make plugin wich show some external data.

I am only found how to add issue-tabpanel to existing panel.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards

Mik

4 answers

3 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Add a web panel module and set location as location="atl.jira.view.issue.left.context" this will make the panel appear similar to the attachments panel .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2013

Ah, thanks, I hadn't realised you could inject panels like that.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

for an example you can refer this which displays panel on the right all you need to do is display it on left

0 votes
John Cage June 17, 2015

I would like to know what are the possible locations for web panels. Is there some list of all locations?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2013

Jira doesn't really support you inserting panels into the main view. It does support tab-panels of course, you've already found those. I suspect you'll need to hack something in the core of Jira to do this, or work out a way to inject your display.

Two approaches I'd consider

1. Write your stuff as though it's an issue-tabpanel. Then make tweaks to the core to draw the result up into the main view

2. Create a plugin for a custom field instead - you can make these read-only and displayable even on edit. This is a little more limited, as it will always end up in the area set aside for custom-fields, but again, if you wanted to tweak the core a bit, you could relocate the field

0 votes
Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

If your editor supports rich text - then you can just give some default value in custom fileds (HTML) - this will show automaticaly in view screen - no need for new development - im not clear with your requirment so suggesting a simple approach

Suggest an answer