How to create our own jira plugin ?

mihan ayeshana May 7, 2012

Hi.

I want to create jira plugin. To access some methods i want to create RPC JIRA Plugin which is similer to the existing one. Can you give the steps which i want to follow.

Also i want to know when i adding new methods to RPC JIRA Plugin it's necessary to add "test" methods also? With out test methods can i run this plugin.(test means files in /test folder)

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012
Norman is right. Just in case you want to start learning to develop plugins here is the starter link.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Atlassian+Plugin+SDK+Documentation

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012
Adding test methods is optional. In your case you should get the original Rpc service from the Atlassian sources (you need a commercial license for that) and integrate your changes. Of course you must disable the existing rpc plugin or you can deploy your plugin on a different service path (change this in your plugin module description)
0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2012

Assuming you are on-demand, you cannot add your own plugins.

Suggest an answer