How to create multiple sub taks for different assignes automatically on parent issue creation?

Martin Bassus April 23, 2017

Hey there :) 

iam a totaly Jiranoob in this case.

Imagine i have something like a mind-map for a event like a concert or something.

The Mindmap goes deep like 5 or 6 levels of subtasks. Every point on the mindmap should be a new issue, with a parent issue.. so i think i need 2 addons. One for unlimited subtask-levels .. and one for automatic-issuecreation.

I need somethink like this:

A addon with a GUI, where i can say:

If a new Issue is created by Mr. X - create the issue "book a band" with the parent from the new issue. The issue "book a band" have 3 more sub-tasks who generates automaticly.. the issue "book a location" is under the main-issue and have also multiple issues.." 

But... every issue should be configured.. means: task a is for user b.. task b is for user x .. task c is for user c and have to be done in 2 weeks.

Hope that you guys understand what i mean :)

Is there something like this?

Thanks a lot!

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2017

We've used Adaptavist's ScriptRunner for many clients to automatically spawn new tickets. For this you need a little bit of Groovy scripting knowledge.

You may want to consider inbuilt components for automatic assignment.

Suggest an answer