How to create multiple Jira Instance on Cloud Jira Application ?

Jolan Reynaud March 8, 2017

Hi guys,

I'm presenting myself. My name's Jolan REYNAUD, I'm a young Scrum Master in an indepedent video game studio. I only have 2 months experiences on Jira.

We would like to create backup of old projects to extract these unused projects from our Cloud application.
I read that I need to backup all my JIRA instance (I can't backup only one specified project? sad).

So I Know how to export a backup file but I can't find how to create a 2nd JIRA instance to test this backup.

I already have my Production instance but I can't find the way to create an other, or even if I can with my license.

Can you help me please?

If you need more informations, don't hesitate. wink

Thank you! 

Jolan.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Since you are on JIRA Cloud, you will have to install a server version and migrate data to it. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-applications-802592270.html for details.

Jolan Reynaud March 8, 2017

Hi! 

Thank you for your answer. 
So it's impossible to do it only with a Cloud version? sad

Do I have to buy a special "Server License" to create a server instance of my JIRA ?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

If you are planning to use it as a Production instance, you need a license. If it is just for one-time archiving, you don't need it. 

If your plan is to keep 2 instances in sync, you will need a valid license I would think. But that will need more than setting up an instance. 

Jolan Reynaud March 9, 2017

Hum. OK.
Thank you very much for your answers.
I think I'll just hide unused projects to be anavailable for other users.
And I will set a real archiving process when we'll take a server license.

Thank you again.

Suggest an answer