How to create dynamic conditions for Sub-task transitions?

HPLC Admin December 18, 2017

I have created a workflow which has the flow as in the pictureIMP.PNG

I have used an add-on (Add Issue on Transition) which automatically creates 4 sub-tasks as soon as Issue is created. Also, Issue Management(IM) has a ALL transition.

I have added the following conditions:

Hide From User Condition - On Transition 2,3,4 and 5

Sub-Task Blocking Condition - On Transition 7,11,6,13 and 10

User Is In Any Project Role - On Transition 14.

Expected Output:

As soon as Issue is created 4 sub-tasks should be created. Also, user should only see the option of Issue Management and has to complete all sub-tasks. After completing all sub-tasks User should only see transition 6 (Validation team). (Working as expected until here)

The Problem is when user clicks on any subtask flow - the only option he sees is transition 6 (Validation team). 

Expectation: Each sub-task should has its unique flow once the user clicks it and should show only one next status.

Eg: When User clicks 4, he should have options 9 or IM, If he clicks 9, he should see 12 and IM, if he clicks 12 THEN he should see 13. 

HELP ANYONE??

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Hello,

There must be two workflows in your project. One for the Issue issue type and the other one for the sub-task issue type. I guess right now you have only one workflow which you associated with both issue types.

HPLC Admin December 18, 2017

Thanks Alexey. 

Say I create another workflow naming it as 'sub-task workflow'. would that still be applicable for all the 4 branches? Or will I have to create 4 different sub-task workflows? In either case, how do I associate them with each branch and make them run unique? 

Thank you!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

You have the Issue issue type and have for it its own workflow. This workflow includes only transitions 1,  6, 14. Then you create a second workflow which contains transitions 2, 7, Then you create third workflow with transitions 3, 7, 11. Then you create fourth workflow with transitions 4, 9, 12, 13. Then you create the fifth workflow with transitions 5, 10. The you create 4 sub-task issue types and associate workflows from 2 - 5 for each subtask. Then on Issue Management you create 4 subtasks (one for each sub-task issue type). Then you can make any conditions you like on each workflow.

HPLC Admin December 19, 2017

Thanks,  but that is too much of an effort for me as I have 4 similar but unique workflows each with atleast 15 branches. To apply the above solution will be very time consuming. 

Let me know if there is something else that I can try. If not, I guess I will go ahead with this solution. Thanks again.

Also, Please let me know the exact conditions that I can use. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

I think I do not understand your requirements

HPLC Admin December 19, 2017

Ok, I did all the steps you mentioned. I am having trouble executing the last step in your answer:

Then on Issue Management you create 4 subtasks (one for each sub-task issue type). 

How do I create subtasks on a status??  @Alexey Matveev

Suggest an answer