How to create duplicate project or clean the existing project.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

I need to create one copy of jira project. How can i create exact copy of one project but, no any jira issues should be existed. it should be clean.

Also, in one of the existing project, i supppose to delete all JIRA issues and all new issues should be start from '1'.. is it possible ? it means, just cleaning of existing project.

JIRA version: 5.2.11 on-premises.

Thank You

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Hi Dhaval,

You have two options:

1. Using the script runner plugin

2. Manual

1. Using the script runner plugin

Take a look at https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-CopyProject

2. Manual

- Make a note of all the existing project schemes and create a new project and set it's schemes accordiingly.

For question 2, you will have to create a new project if you want your issue numbers to start from 1. You still use either the script runner plugin or the manual way.

Cheers

Bhushan

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Thanks Bhushan.

"Copy project" will copy workflow , screens, all custom fields (including its javascript) all will be available to new project , right ?

Suggest an answer