How to create an Email Notification for a new Status created in my workflow?

Shreena Patel September 19, 2012

Hi there,

I want to create an email notification for a status in my workflow (using a new status I created, I want an email notification to be sent to a particular group) , how do I do this? I have checked my Notification Scheme but it does not let me pick the status I want an email to be sent from. I thought a post function might do the trick but I could not see any email notification option there.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shreena

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

Hi, you need to create an event for it to fire. Once you've created the event, you can add notifications to it. Then for the transition, you can create a post function that fires the event.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

The event list is maintained separately (similar to custom fields - there's a global list of them, you need to add one first, then you can use it in other places). That approach is used throughout Jira, but is a little odd when you first start needing to do Jira admin.

As Harry says, create a new event, then go into your workflow and look at the post-functions on the transitions you want to have email notifications for. You'll find an automatic system generated post-function saying "fire event". Edit that and change it to your new event.

Shreena Patel September 20, 2012

Thank you for your help :)

Suggest an answer