How to create additional field for issue estimation?

Deleted user October 24, 2017

Hi Guys,

In Jira issue I have Original Estimate (hours) and Remaining estimate (hours).

But I need to create 1 more additional field with estimation, let it be "Pessimistic Estimate" and I want to use it with existing reports.

When I added a custom field, I expected to see it when I create a new issue - but it is not visible for some reasons(on validations screen - it says me that it should be visible, but it is not).

Maybe somebody knows how to create it? Or do I need to install some additional plugins? With free custom fields.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2017

The original estimate and remaining estimate are actually system fields in Jira.  As such there is not a custom field in Jira of this type that you can create with the native Jira code.  There is a related community post about this issue with more information on this, please see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Custom-fields-Time-Tracking/qaq-p/462436

That post refers to an existing feature request, as well as at least one plugin that might help with a time tracking type custom field.

There are also a lot of different time tracking plugins for Jira.  Perhaps one of these might help provide the functionality you are looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events