How to create additional field for issue estimation?

Hi Guys,

In Jira issue I have Original Estimate (hours) and Remaining estimate (hours).

But I need to create 1 more additional field with estimation, let it be "Pessimistic Estimate" and I want to use it with existing reports.

When I added a custom field, I expected to see it when I create a new issue - but it is not visible for some reasons(on validations screen - it says me that it should be visible, but it is not).

Maybe somebody knows how to create it? Or do I need to install some additional plugins? With free custom fields.

Thanks

1 answer

0 vote

The original estimate and remaining estimate are actually system fields in Jira.  As such there is not a custom field in Jira of this type that you can create with the native Jira code.  There is a related community post about this issue with more information on this, please see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Custom-fields-Time-Tracking/qaq-p/462436

That post refers to an existing feature request, as well as at least one plugin that might help with a time tracking type custom field.

There are also a lot of different time tracking plugins for Jira.  Perhaps one of these might help provide the functionality you are looking for.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

300 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you