How to create/add scripted type fields in Jira?

Sri September 15, 2015

any one help me out.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015
Sri September 15, 2015

Hi Czaia,

Thanks for reply, I have created scripted field successfully and i have added the Inline also.

But i have one Issue please can you help me.

Can you see below image.

image2015-9-16 14:1:33.png

I have enter above fields values and updated then i can't see reported name.  but i can see Anonymous name please can you see for more details below.

image2015-9-16 14:0:41.png

where Iam missing just guide me and what is the Inline script for we can get the correct reporter name.

thanks.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

I get the same behavior (not when using the text searcher though). But why would you want to do that anyways? Why don't you just use a post function to update the custom field?

0 votes
Sri September 17, 2015

Hi Christian Czaia,

Good news, I have solved the Anonymous Issue. We should use the below code(Inline script),  If you use the User Picker (single user) or User Picker (multiple users) templates you need to return an ApplicationUser, or List of ApplicationUser in the multiuser case.

For Example:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers

ApplicationUsers.from(issue.reporter)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more details see below.

image2015-9-18 12:49:28.png

I have one Question Is it possible to update the scripted fields using Java Rest API?, if you know can you Help me out or provide me related Likes.

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2015

You can not update scripted fields, they are calculated.

Suggest an answer