How to create a workflow property?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

I have a requirement that I need to create a workflow property same like

jira.field.resolution.exclude but it should depend on Issue Type.

Could it would be possible? If yes, please suggest the approach.

Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Maybe I am missing something obvious but you just need to have different worflows for different issuetypes I guess?

Define the property with different values in those workflows.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hi Mizan,

This property should set the resolution based on issuetype.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

You can add the post function 'Update issue field' on the resolve issue transition which will set the resolution and hide the resolution field from the resolution screen .

EDIT : Assuming you have separate workflows for each issue type

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

Hi Mizan,

I want to set the options in resolution field based on issue type,

Then I tried "jira.field.resolution.exclude" attribute. But each issue type need to be defined a separate workflow.

so to meet such requirement, can we create custom workflow property?

or can we programmatically set the existing jira.field.resolution.exclude property

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

Hi Bharadwaj ,

This is not possible .. even if we set the workflow property programmatically , the workflow is shared by all issue types .. so this wont help .

What is the issue with separate workflows ? you can copy the existing workflow rename them and associate to each issue type.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

What will this new property do ? do you want the options in resolution field based on issue type or you want to set the resolution based on issuetype ?

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hi.

i don't believe it is possible to build custom properties like this.

you may have a look at this Question:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/144864/restricting-resolutions-based-on-issue-type-in-resolve-issue-screen

Suggest an answer