How to create a workflow property?

I have a requirement that I need to create a workflow property same like

jira.field.resolution.exclude but it should depend on Issue Type.

Could it would be possible? If yes, please suggest the approach.

Thanks.

5 answers

Hi.

i don't believe it is possible to build custom properties like this.

you may have a look at this Question:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/144864/restricting-resolutions-based-on-issue-type-in-resolve-issue-screen

0 vote
Mizan Community Champion May 05, 2013

What will this new property do ? do you want the options in resolution field based on issue type or you want to set the resolution based on issuetype ?

0 vote
Mizan Community Champion May 05, 2013

You can add the post function 'Update issue field' on the resolve issue transition which will set the resolution and hide the resolution field from the resolution screen .

EDIT : Assuming you have separate workflows for each issue type

Hi Mizan,

I want to set the options in resolution field based on issue type,

Then I tried "jira.field.resolution.exclude" attribute. But each issue type need to be defined a separate workflow.

so to meet such requirement, can we create custom workflow property?

or can we programmatically set the existing jira.field.resolution.exclude property

Mizan Community Champion May 12, 2013

Hi Bharadwaj ,

This is not possible .. even if we set the workflow property programmatically , the workflow is shared by all issue types .. so this wont help .

What is the issue with separate workflows ? you can copy the existing workflow rename them and associate to each issue type.

Hi Mizan,

This property should set the resolution based on issuetype.

0 vote

Maybe I am missing something obvious but you just need to have different worflows for different issuetypes I guess?

Define the property with different values in those workflows.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,307 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot