How to create a search and set it for 1000 of the 1555 records I need?

Robin Hill February 3, 2020

I need to see all 1555 but a message displayed indicating I can only see 1000 records.  I need to see 1000 and then set the rest for 555 but I don't know what the syntax would be.  Thanks.  This is what I have so far:

assignee = currentUser() AND project = ecosit AND status in (Closed) ORDER BY cf[11310] ASC, created ASC, reporter ASC, key ASC, priority ASC, status DESC

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

You might find this article useful - increase-issue-limit-for-excel-exports-in-jira-cloud 

basically you have to perform two searches. Note that trying to "see" even 1000 issues would be a challenge as you would be paging forever.

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

I find when I am looking at large  numbers of issues, it is easier to download the query to Excel, where  I can do whatever number crunching or further filtering that I want to do. If you use the Export function, you will get all 1555 rows in the CSV file.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

Hi Derek, that isn't exactly true, at least not in cloud. the search only returns 1000 and then you have to change the query to get the next "1000", etc. Now, recently they have released an extension for Excel for running an JQL query directly from w/in Excel which will grab more that 1000. I have also recently noticed excel and google sheets icons at the top of my search results but I was just testing and it didn't seem to work. Keep in mind here that running a massive query will absolutely impact your instances performance so my advice is to run during quite times. ;-)

excel extension.jpg

Issue_navigator_-_JIRA.jpg

Like LCD likes this
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

I am  so used to working in Server that I forget the Cloud limitations, which are painful.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2020

true but there are also a lot of benefits as well. ;-)

Suggest an answer