How to create a proper JIRA email newsletter?

Asma Wakeel January 22, 2014

I want to create a newsletter on daily basis automatically. What I need in the newsletter is:

1. If someone has commented on an issue in last 24 hours
  2. If an issue's status has been changed from QA Passed -> Resolved & Resolved -> Closed in last 24 hours
  3. If a new issue is created in last 24 hours

I tried this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+a+Daily+Summary+of+Updated+Issuesbut it just returned me the list of all issues updated in last 24 hours. What were the updates, I will have to open each issue to see it. This is something quite weird and not useful at all.

Can anyone please guide me creating a customized newsletter.? I need it urgently because my client is already fed up of emails on daily basis and he needs a newsletter at the end of the day.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

Not really an answer here, but have you thought of using JIRA Service Desk? It gives your customer a portal to view the ticket status's as well. It even emails them when the status changes concerning them or a comment.

Suggest an answer