How to create a new column

Deleted user August 8, 2017

Hi! 

Im head of support at my company, and im currently working on a solution in our Dashboards. i have made personal dashboards for the other users, but some of them want a column "Last updated". 

By this i mean a column with the name "Last updated". 

Lets say u have a personal dashboard with only "Assigned to me". 
Here u have a column for: 
- T
- Key 
- Summary 
and so on

Here, i want a column for "Last updated" (i have created a custom field), so the column shows up. but i want this column to sort on WHO did the last update. Either the reporter or the Assignee. 

Is it possible? and if so, how? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

You'll need a bit of code to do that.  The columns are all issue fields, and you need a derived field to expose the user you are looking for.  A derived field calculates something, usually from the issue data, and displays it. 

I'd use the ScriptRunner to create a scripted field that looks at the issue history and pulling out the last person to touch the issue, but there are other add-ons that can do that, and I think there are a couple that directly provide such a field in their modules.

ok. thank u. 

Do u have the name of some of these addons? or a link to the addon/s? :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

I tend to use ScriptRunner because I've got free access to a horde of experts in it, so I'm not that familiar with the alternatives.

Check the marketplace for that, JMWE and maybe a search for "last updated"

ok. thank u 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events