How to create a new applicationlink using the createAppLink restAPI?

Karthik dharmalingam January 8, 2018

I am currently developing a plugin for jira. I need to automate the process of creating an application link in jira. I referred the below link for the creating the applink using restAPI,

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Can-I-create-update-an-Application-Link-using-an-REST-java-API/qaq-p/566366#U700544

But I got the 401 unauthorized error as response. How to proceed with it ? How to define the payload json that has to be sent along with request? Is there any document for creating the applink using restAPI? Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ January 9, 2018

I cannot find any documented endpoint to do that but I'm pretty sure it is possible.

Have you tried to use the Atlassian REST API Browser ?? Maybe a better approach is to find the correct endpoint using this tool and launch the REST call manually until you discover the right payload.

Regards

Karthik dharmalingam January 10, 2018

Thanks for your response. I coundn't find useful restapi from the plugin that you have mentioned. Is there any other way to find it out ?

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ January 13, 2018

I'm not sure about.
Anyway, Do you use basic autentication to launch this REST Call? Because you must and the choosen user should have administratives privileges.

And is the username and password correctly set in the payload as well?

Karthik dharmalingam January 16, 2018

Yes I have. But I coundn't create the application link using the restAPI. 

Suggest an answer