How to create a filter or dashboard item for users to see issues assigned to them that are not currently blocked by anything?

Jesse Faett Jr. March 1, 2016

My users want a filter or dashboard widget that can show them issues assigned to them that are not blocked (I.E. they can work on them now).

I can't seem to create this filter and looking at some other posts it appears I can install addons but I can't figure out how to set these up so they can see them.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

Hello.

I use this to check for issues that are not blocked:  issueFunction not in hasLinks("blocks") OR issueFunction not in hasLinks("is blocked by") . These are scripted JQL functions that come with ScriptRunner and you can use them in your filters if you select the "Advanced" option when you search for issues. You can use this to check for any knid of link between issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

That's exactly where I was heading in my follow up answer.

Jesse Faett Jr. March 2, 2016

Fantastic!  Using that plus Rich Filters I was able to set up their dashboards as desired.  Huge help, thank you!

Jesse Faett Jr. March 2, 2016

@Cristina Abunei, now the issue I am running into is their filters are not displaying tasks that have all blocked links marked as completed.

So, if any item has a block, it does not display, regardless of the status of the blocking issue.  How have you solved this scenario?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2016

How are you telling JIRA that something is blocking an issue?

Jesse Faett Jr. March 1, 2016

Via linked issues.  They are linking issues and setting them to a "blocks" or "is blocked by" status.

Suggest an answer