How to create a filter for other users

Robert Hope April 4, 2017

Im fairly new to using Jira and have set up a couple of kanban boards that im using to monitor the test effort on some projects that im working on.

I can sucessfully create a filter that allows me to filter all issues assgined to or reported by myself.

However what i need to be able to do, is create a filter for the other projcet users.

For example, say I have testers A, B, C and D all working on the project creating their own issues.

how can i create a filter that allows me to see only the issues reported by user C?

If i want to do this for each and every user, would i have to create a filter for every user on the project?

Some of the projects have a large number of people workign on the same project so the above method does not seem ideal.

What would be good is if there was a drop down where i could see the names of everyone on a project and just select the name of a particular person in order to view all of the isses raised by that person.

Is there a way that i can do something like this?

Thanks

Rob

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2017

There's a partial answer.

First, yes, you will have to create filters for each person if you want to see "assignee = C" for everyone.  It's a fixed question, there's no variables in it.

But, there are functions in JIRA searches.  Probably the most appropriate here is "current user".  If I search for "project = x, issue type = y and assignee = currentuser()", it will find issues assigned to me.  I can save and share it, and then when you run it, it will find issues of the same project and type, but assigned to you.

The closest I can get to your "drop down" is to use the simple search in the issue navigator.  Select the right project, then the assignee can be selected next.

Suggest an answer