How to create a change from a problem in Jira cloud

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Dear all,

I am setting up a demo for a customer to chow the different step for incident resolution.

For exemple, when I have a set of incident that I would like to link to a Problem, then I create a Problem type and then select all incident which are in link to this problem.

Then when the root cause is find, we need to create a CHANGE out of this Problem

Is there a way to have  a CREATE CHange button somehow from the PROBLEM issue which can then create all stuff automatically or do we need to manually create the CHANGE and then LInk it manually to a PROBLEM ?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi @serge calderara 

This is a typical ITSM process and you can do that using JSM on Cloud as well.

That create a problem button could be achieve using a workflow transition. You can use automation rule to create a problem and link it back to the original ticket and so on. From those linked tickets you can either copy comments or transition the original ticket.

Ravi

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2022

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ thnaks for those precision.

So that means by default you need to create a Problem manually an link incident to correct ?

And tipicaly, you then create a change request manually and then attached the linked problem, is that correct too ?

regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events