How to create a certain Issue Type that is automatically placed within Certain Status

Prav-Patel August 5, 2015

Hi,

What i want to achieve is the following within my current workflow:

When I create a BUG issue type I want it to automatically transition to a Defective Status (Which i have already setup)

Currently once i have created my BUG issue type it automatically sits in TODO status and i have to manually move it through my workflow until it is in Defective.

I want to skip this manual part out

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2015

Why not create a workflow specific for Bugs that only has the statuses you want them to be in?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2015

Just what I was about to type as well! I wanted to say "with a create transition that goes straight to 'Defective' instead of open/to-do" on top.

0 votes
Prav-Patel August 25, 2015

Thank you very much for all your help.

Creating a new workflow ans assigning it to a BUG issue within the Scheme worked perfectly 

0 votes
Prav-Patel August 5, 2015

Thank you for the rapid response.

Will I be able to have multiple workflows within a Single project?

One for the User Stories etc. & a Second solely for defect management, i am assuming that i will have to create a customised BUG Screen to assign the workflow too

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2015

Screens and workflows are not directly related. You could have Bug and Story using the same screens and fields, and only vary the workflows. That's up to you in the long run. To fix this particular request, the minimal thing to do is: 1. Create a new workflow for the bugs, with the create transition landing in the desired status 2. Create a new *workflow scheme* which says "for bugs, use new workflow, for all others, use the old workflow" 3. Apply it to the project

Suggest an answer