How to create a category (like Ready) in Kanban board to hold the new opened stories/bugs?

Deleted user January 13, 2020

In our new created Kanban board we have Ready and Backlog categories to hold issues. How can we add another category and name it to New Opened Issues? 

How to add a new category.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Fernando Bordallo thank you! It is good to know that we could be able to do it in the future.

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @[deleted]

You might be able to have multiple sprints running in parallel in a Kanban project, as is possible with Scrum projects. See the documentation for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-parallel-sprints-797737030.html

That should allow you to create a split between ready, new, backlog.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi Fernando, how does that work in Kanban. I haven't tried this in Kanban so am unfamiliar w/ how it works. Is there some doc that spells that out?

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Ah! You are quite right 🤯I have been driven by two opposing factors here:

1. the above link states  the following in the information panel at the top: Using the classic Scrum and Kanban projects? You're in the right place!
  2. next-gen Kanban projects DO allow Sprints to be run

However, you are right. Classic Kanban projects do not allow for Sprint configuration.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

:-( dang it! I was hoping I was wrong and could use something new. :-)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

you cannot do that on kanban. in scrum boards you could have multiple sprints shown but in kanban you only see the backlog and those items that appear in the left-most column of your kanban board which in your case appears to = "ready".

Thank you Jack!  I wonder in the future if we can create a "New Opened Issues" to be parallel with backlog? If we can it would be helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events