How to create a business process management using JIRA?

Mien Bao May 4, 2014

Hi,

I want to create a business process management using JIRA. I'm using the "Dowload" version of JIRA and installed the "Behaviour" Plugin.

I want to realize the following workflow with JIRA and want a simple solution to do that.

First there should be a backlog, where the ticket creator can write down changes which should be applied to the server.

After that it should have a transition into the ready status.

From Ready status it should notify 4 people(via email) and go to the "In Approval" status.

All of the stake holders have a radio button field and can approve or reject the change.

That should look like that.

https://i.imgur.com/7wmmWcs.png

Only if all 4 people approve this change, a post function to the Jenkins API should be triggered.

Can you give me some advice which workflow i should use and which possibilities I have to do so?

Currently I have a status for every approval request and use behaviour to controll the field permissions.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

First there should be a backlog, where the ticket creator can write down changes which should be applied to the server.

Google creating custom fields, field schemes and issue type screen schemes.
After that it should have a transition into the ready status
Google creating workflows.

From Ready status it should notify 4 people(via email) and go to the "In Approval" status.

Google creating notification schemes

Only if all 4 people approve this change, a post function to the Jenkins API should be triggered.

I think you can achieve this using webhooks. If not, you will have to create your own workflow post function to achieve this functionality.

Suggest an answer