How to create a board with another template than agility ?

Tanguy Damart February 9, 2018

When I click on project and then the three little dots and then create a new project, I arrive at this page (see image). My question is: how do it choose another template like Scrum ? My colleagues have more options on their create project pages.

Sans titre.png

2 answers

3 votes
Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

The difference is that your colleagues have administrator privileges. As a regular user you can currently only create Agility projects. This new feature was added recently - before you couldn't create any projects without admin privileges.

The new project is evolving - we are adding features to it. We would really appreciate your feedback. Especially which features you are missing. You can give feedback directly by pressing the feedback button in the left navigation bar on the agility board page.

Brian August 2, 2018

Even though in Project settings - People, it shows I have the administrator role, I still only have Agility template available when creating a project!

Do I need to be an owner/system administrator, in order to create a project with all the options?

The person set up the Jira system told me that I have been assigned as the administrator, but my understanding is that there are several levels of administrators in Jira!

Please help!

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2018

@Brian Yes, your understanding is correct. You are a project administrator (and only for the one project). You need to be a Jira administrator to create other types of projects. 

Brian August 2, 2018

Thanks Martin for the confirmation!

0 votes
Ben Novack March 2, 2018

I have a user who has admin privs but still cannot create non-Agility projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2018

What are they offered on the drop-down?

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2018

Hi @Ben Novack,

If you are confident that the user has the "Administer Jira" global permission and can access the rest of Jira Administration like system configuration, add-on management, time tracking configuration, etc but can only create projects with the Agility template, I recommend contacting Atlassian Support so we can investigate in more detail.

Thanks,

Dave Meyer

Jira Product Management

Suggest an answer