How to create a Jira dashboard gadget to show percent completion of sub-tasks of issues per sprint?

David.Newton May 17, 2021

I am trying to add a gadget into my projects dashboard to show the percent completion bar of all the subtasks per issue I have in my active sprint. It should give me a good summary of the overall statuses of all issues in the active sprint without having to go into the project itself and clicking on each issue individually.

Is there any existing gadget that can display this information? what configuration and setting do I need to select. 

I tried using the Issue Statistics and the Filter Results, but I was not successful in getting the results I wanted. In the Filter Results gadget there is a n option to select progress, however when I select that option, there is no information displayed.

Subtask % Completion Pic.png

4 answers

1 vote
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2021

Hi @David.Newton,

Yes. You can do this with our Great Gadgets app for Jira. One of the many gadgets that this plugin offers is the Advanced Issue Filter Formula Gadget that you can use to calculate the percent completion of your subtasks.

Here is on how to configure the gadget:

SubTasksCompletion.png

If you need any help, please contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 19, 2021

Hi @David.Newton

Welcome to the community, @Dylan.Martis

With our Jira cloud app Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira you can create a custom field that calculates the percentage of the completed child issues.

We offer a template for your use case: "Completed child issues percentage".

Dynamic Custom Fields can be used as any other issue fields in your dashboard gadgets.

If you have feedback or questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hello David,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

Allow me to step in just to share with you that currently, there are no native functionalities in Jira that allow viewing the percentage of the sub-tasks progress on a gadget. 

There was a feature request suggesting this, but it was closed as “Won’t do”:

The best option, in this case, is to use an add-on as suggested and if you have any questions while testing the options, you can reach out to their support directly.

Kind regards,
Angélica

master123 October 19, 2023

Yeah this is the highest demand is to see the %, seems pushing us back to use less and less of JIRA unfortunately. not sure when this can be available

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2021

Hello David and welcome to the Community!

Your question is similar to a few others which have been asked within Community, take a look at these other posts to see if they help you with your solution:

Additionally, we have further documentation that can be found at Monitor the progress of a sprint.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Dylan.Martis July 15, 2021

When using any of this functionality, does this roll up and aggregate into the actual percent complete for an issue?

Suggest an answer