How to create a Birdseye Kanban Board that includes Stories from a Scrum Board

Andres E.Diaz April 28, 2021

Dear all,

I'm currently working with two different teams and until today have different Setups

• Scrum Board for my Scrum Team
  • Kanban Board for another team that is dealing with more AdHoc tasks

Added to that, I'm getting 2 resources from other teams that are working semi-autonomously within my team on specific issues.

Challenge:

Is there a way to create a Kanban Board that will include all Stories from Active Sprint of Scrum team only?

I seem not to find a filter option for Active Sprints. I can start to include the Sprint Value, but would have to change the filter regularly, which is not really user friendly.

Appreciate your input on whether this is possible.

Best,

Andres

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Andres E.Diaz  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You could create a filter for a Kanban board to show the open, current sprint work:

project = myProject AND sprint IN openSprints() AND sprint NOT IN futureSprints() ORDER BY Rank

However, what problem are you solving by doing this?  Doesn't the scrum team already have a board to do this?

Best regards,

Bill

1 vote
Andres E.Diaz April 30, 2021

Thank you so much! @Bill Sheboy  and @G subramanyam ,

I'm not system admin so I won't be able to add the plugin. 

First the problem I was trying to solve

- Have one Board (Mother of all boards :-) ) where I am able to see what both my teams are doing plus the two extra resources that are sometimes helping

- Use separate quickfilters to display each of the four development streams

- Aligning the view from a Kanban Board and a Scrum Board without the need to disrupt my sprints or metrics with all the Kanban related work that is more adhoc and less planned

Result:

It worked! @Bill Sheboy  I had to tweak the solution with a few ANDs here and ORs there, but the board is looking great.

Thanks for guiding me here.

Best,

Andres

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Awesome!  I am glad to hear that worked for you, Andres.

Please note well: When using a "Mother of all boards" remember to use it as read-only, for visibility purposes.  Specificially, avoid moving things on that board; instead allow the source teams move issues on their own board.  Often summary/overview boards like this summarize by combining status values in reduce board columns, so moving issues can lead to errors.

Best regards,

Bill

Like G subramanyam likes this
Rich Evers July 18, 2022

@Andres E.Diaz What were your "ANDS" and "ORS?"  I'm trying to accomplish the same thing, but when I create the filter like Bill suggested above I lose my Kanban issues.  Let me know, thanks!

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Andres E.Diaz welcome to Atlassian community.

I have found this market place plugin that suits your requirements.

And here is their documentation you may check before proceeding with a free trial.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events