How to create Schedule automated Reports in Jira?

bhanubp April 23, 2013

I would like to create an automated report for all JIRAs raised in a project.

It will run monthly (the first of each month) and send an Excel spreadsheet by email.

Is this possible?

7 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013
Viktor October 11, 2019

This does not send reports in email. This sends a single website link.

Like # people like this
Kamal August 12, 2020

I use Jira v8.4.2 and I get the content of the filter (e.g. the list of issues with assignee, etc.) in addition to the link. Not sure if it was customized somehow but it does the job for me.

4 votes
Katherina Horvath October 26, 2017

Is there a way to make Jira send you the CSV/excel version of the query (rather than a link to the online query)?

3 votes
Sheri Clark September 17, 2020

Is there a way to automate reports for Cloud version?

3 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

With Excel Automation for JIRA you can generate Excel spreadsheets periodically or at issue events (when an issue created, updated, transitioned, etc.). The spreadsheets are generated from Excel templates that are regular Excel files themselves, and allow using:

• Excel functions
  • Excel formulas
  • Excel pivot tables
  • Pivot charts

See the Excel tutorial

jira-automatic-excel.png

0 votes
Ahmad Wagdy July 15, 2020

Why cant I see any answers here?

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

Hi Bhanu,

If you need more complex reports including logged time, linked issues and more you should check out our plugin Intelligent Reports. You can design your report template in Microsoft Word, fill it in with simple point and click rules including multiple JQL queries, charts and more, and then schedule it to be sent to you by email.

Swagataa August 27, 2019

Does it work for cloud version of JIRA?

Stephanie Hossbach November 18, 2019

Both Intelligent Reports and Excel Automation for JIRA appear to be for server clients only. If anyone knows of an integration that does this for cloud, please let us know!

Like # people like this
0 votes
bhanubp April 29, 2013

Bhushan, it worked for me. thankyou!!

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Please accept the answer if it worked. Thank you.

Suggest an answer