How to create SCRUM project in trial version?

Ionut April 5, 2017

I just downloaded jira software and I would like to create a Scrum Project with stories sprints and so on. It is possible to do this in trial version? Or is any trial version for students?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Yes. It is possible to create a scrum project in while using a trial/evaluation licence.

However, to do this you need to make sure you activate 'JIRA Software'.

Go to JIRA Admistration (i.e. cog icon on top menu bar) > Applications > Versions & licenses.

Make sure 'JIRA Sottware' has licence details pasted in.

Then you'll be able to create projects using the JIRA Software project templates, one of which is for Scrum.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2017

A trial version simply expires after a while.  It's the same software with the same functions as a licenced version.

So, yes.  Click "create project" and choose the Scrum option

Ionut April 5, 2017

Where can I see Scrum option?problem.png

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Hi lonut - What do you see if you go to JIRA Admistration (i.e. cog icon on top menu bar) > Applications > Versions & licenses?

Is there a heading there for "JIRA Software" and is it enabled?

Ionut April 5, 2017

Waw..You are totally right. The problem was that I didn't paste de licence there.Huge like for the answer. I spent lot of hours finding a way to solve this. Thank you very much, Sam! 

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2017

No problem. I've summarised what I think is the full answer below.

Can you take a look. If it is accurate, answered your question and fixed the issue please consider marking it as accepted.

That will help other community members in future if they have the same problem.

Ionut April 5, 2017

It really works for me. Thank you very much again! I accepted.I hope to be visible for everybody. I just click on the red check symbol. 

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2017

Yep. That's it.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2017

I'm afriad I can't help there.

I moved this to a new question in the approiate place here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/FishEye-Crucible-questions/How-do-I-integrate-FishEye-and-Crucible-with-gitHub/qaq-p/459504

Hoepfully you 'll get an answer from someone in the Community who knows.

Ionut April 5, 2017

Me too. Thanks again! :)

Suggest an answer