How to create Issues viaScriptrunner Plugin

Pushpkant Garg September 11, 2019

I have got a multiline Text Field basis on which tasks has to be created on Transition.

Multiline Text field data format is defined below

# New Feature // Issue Type
- Feature 1 // Summary
- Feature 2 // Summary
- Feature 3 // Summary
# Initiative // Issue Type
- Initiative 1 // Summary
- Initiative 2 // Summary

What I want from this format is total 5 tasks should get created of following types.

3 - New Features and 2- Initiative

Can you please help me with the script?

1 answer

1 vote
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Hi Pushpkant,

Thank you for your question. 

I can confirm that in order to create an issue programatically using ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud that you need your script will need to make a call to the Issue rest API which Atlassian have documented here.  

Your script will need to get the values for the issue that you wish to set out of your text field and will need to make a call to the issue API for each issue that you want to create in order to create the issues.

I can confirm that we have the example located in the documentation page here whcih shows how to create issues when a project is created and you will be able to take this script and use it as a reference guide in order to create the post function script that you require to create the issues required when and issue is transitioned.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer