How to count all bugs identified in a certain time period in software versions that were already released by that time?

Tuelle October 20, 2015

I want to retrospectively evaluate for the last three years some metrics for certain quarters. Specifically, we want to compute:

• The number of bugs identified during a certain time period (e.g a quarter of a specific year) in software versions that were not released by that time? 
  • The number of bugs identified during a certain time period in software versions that were already released by that time? 

Can anybody give me some hints on how to formulate the jql query?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

Try the JQL below, it maybe a part of what you want.

Project = ABC and IssueType = "Bugs" and fixVersion in releasedVersions() and created >= 2015-1-1 and created <= 2015-3-31

Project = ABC and IssueType = "Bugs" and fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() and created >= 2015-4-1 and created <= 2015-6-30

_https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-179442050.html#AdvancedSearching-AffectedVersion_

Is your team populating the "Affected Version" and "Fix Version" properly? You can also use that field assuming your team have honestly/accurately populate it smile

Tuelle October 20, 2015

They are at least supposed to do it (I am confident...). So the function releasedVersion can reflect the release state at a certain time point in the past and derive the time point from its context defined by the JQL query? What I mean is that a software version which is in the state "released" today was perhaps not in "released" in Q1/2015, but I still want to collect data about the situation in Q1 today. Thanks for your quick reply!

Suggest an answer