How to correct wrong value entered by user in JIRA?

Didier Riedinger November 18, 2013

In our workflows, the assignment is done in the first transition via a screen containing <User Picker> fileds for the whole workflow. We don't assign user at each worflow's step. Each <User Picker> field stores the user to assign to a step. During transitioning, post-function update the assignee field.

The project leader is responsible to assign the user to the workflow's step. The project leader has not entered correct users and so assignments will be incorrect. My question is how to correct assignment and the <User Picker> field? I'm a litte bit lost, there are many way to proceed (MySQL queries, modify xml backup file and import it,...). Is there a simple and safe way to do the job?

Thank you in advance,

Hope somebody has a solution to my problem.

Didier.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

The easiest way would be to edit the issue and set the user picker fields and assignee correct. Is there something that prohibits this way? Then you would need to give us more information.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2013

Those suggestions are vastly overkill. SQL and import/export are hard work, risky, with downtime, and very labour intensive. You just need to edit the issues to correct the fields. If possible use bulk-edit.

As you've probably removed the fields from screens that would allow you to do these updates, you might need to temporarily put the fields back on the "edit" screen.

0 votes
Didier Riedinger November 24, 2013

Thank you for your solutions. You help me to solve my problem.

Suggest an answer