How to copy comment made on a ticket to a custom filed and automate it?

KRC November 15, 2017

In the activity section of JIRA ticket, we have comments, I need to copy and throw the latest comment made on the ticket on to a custom filed which is a multiline text field. 

It has nothing to do with workflow status or screen, I need comments from activity section of the ticket.(i guess its hard to make this happen)

If this is not possible, please suggest a solution either while transitioning through workflow and adding a screen with comments field(this is hard to figure out)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

Hello,

I think you do not need to copy a comment. In my opinion better solution would be to write a Scripted field which would show you the last comment. You can do it, for example, with Adaptivist scriptrunner. The code would be something like this for the Scripted field

ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager().getComments(issue).last().body

You can read more about Scripted fields here

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.4/jira/scripted-fields.html

And you are not limited to Adaptivist scriptrunner. There are exist other plugins which will let you do scripted fields.

KRC November 16, 2017

Thank you alexey for sharing your knowledge.

Suggest an answer