How to copy a permission scheme in Jira 6?

Justin Fackrell December 12, 2012

I want to create a Jira project which has different permissions to the default permission scheme. I therefore think that I need to copy the default permission scheme to a new one, and edit that one.

Jira project A : uses default permission scheme which excludes access for consultant C

Jira project B : uses default permission scheme which excludes access for consultant C

Jira project X : uses new edited permission scheme which adds permission for some consultant C

But I can't find a button to copy the permissoin scheme, and the only help I find from Atlassian is for Jira 5 which has it under Administration > Issues. And in OnDemand Jira 6.0 I have JIRA Admin > and no "Issues"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2012

Hi Justin,

You can find that through JIRA Admin > Misc. Schemes > Permission Schemes.

Then, you'll see a "copy" operation on the right hand side of the permission scheme you want to copy.

Hope that helps!

Justin Fackrell December 13, 2012

Ah! There it is. Thanks

sw engineer April 29, 2015

This is not there for me. Must have changed... this is very complex and not intuitive....

Greg Morgan April 4, 2016

This flow doesn't appear to be there for JIRA v6.4.7 (unless it's for different admin privileges).

Suggest an answer