How to copy a permission scheme in Jira 6?

I want to create a Jira project which has different permissions to the default permission scheme. I therefore think that I need to copy the default permission scheme to a new one, and edit that one.

Jira project A : uses default permission scheme which excludes access for consultant C

Jira project B : uses default permission scheme which excludes access for consultant C

Jira project X : uses new edited permission scheme which adds permission for some consultant C

But I can't find a button to copy the permissoin scheme, and the only help I find from Atlassian is for Jira 5 which has it under Administration > Issues. And in OnDemand Jira 6.0 I have JIRA Admin > and no "Issues"

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Justin,

You can find that through JIRA Admin > Misc. Schemes > Permission Schemes.

Then, you'll see a "copy" operation on the right hand side of the permission scheme you want to copy.

Hope that helps!

Ah! There it is. Thanks

This is not there for me. Must have changed... this is very complex and not intuitive....

This flow doesn't appear to be there for JIRA v6.4.7 (unless it's for different admin privileges).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

79 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you