How to convert Project Id's in groovy

Daniel Burke January 12, 2018

How am I able to spit out this output:

CachedRoleActors[delegate=ProjectRoleActorsImpl[projectId=10100,super=DefaultRoleActorsImpl[projectRoleId=10002,roleActors=[UserRoleActor[id=10202,projectRoleId=10002,projectId=10100,parameter=mike123], GroupRoleActor[id=10200,projectRoleId=10002,projectId=10100,parameter=jira-administrators]]]],optimizedProjectRoleSet=[UserRoleActor[id=10202,projectRoleId=10002,projectId=10100,parameter=mike123], GroupRoleActor[id=10200,projectRoleId=10002,projectId=10100,parameter=jira-administrators]]] 2018-01

into something more readable, and have the actual project ID's (4 letters) rather than the numbers?

I'm iterating over the Project items, and trying to convert them using:

def roleID = projectRoleManager.getProjectIdsForUserInGroupsBecauseOfRole(4, projectrole, projectRoles, user)

But I'm not sure if this is the right implementation for it.

I would like to do the same for my other id's i.e. groupRoleActor id etc.

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hi Daniel,

IDs are number and they are used in the API and database. The thin you want to get is the project key, not all configuration items have keys, sone just have a name and generally you'll need a manager to acces them from their ID.

For project for instance, ProjectManager have a getProjectObj(Long id) method which will return a Project object, from which you can get all informations including its key. (https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.2.2/com/atlassian/jira/project/ProjectManager.html)

You'll need to handle similar things for each configuration item.
Hope this helps!

Cheers

Suggest an answer