How to connect kanban board to project in Jira?

Piotr Kuciel July 14, 2014

I've got my kanban board, let's call it 'Board_1'. It was created long time ago in project 'Project_1'.

Recently I needed to change name of project to 'Project_2.' I did it simnply by editing project.

Now when I'm creating issues, I'm informed, that 'Issue has been created, but it's not visible on any board.' Indeed, on Board_1 new issues are not visible. When I click 'View on board' button, I'm informed, that 'There are no boards which contain this issue'.

I've changed Saved Filter from 'Project_1' to 'Project_2', but it didn't help.

I'd like to ask anyone for help what should I do to have new tasks from 'Project_2' visible on 'Board_1'.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best regards,

Piotr Kuciel

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2014

It really should be as simple as changing the filter. I suspect your board is excluding the issue for other reasons - could you show us the filter definition AND check the "work sub-filter"

0 votes

Ok, I've found it by myself. Thank you for help, Nic! I wouldn't be able to discover my mistake without your hint! :-)

Question can be closed, since everything is working fine now.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2014

I think Piotr changed the filter used for the board. I'd also check the "work sub-filter" on the board configuration page - that excludes things from boards as well.

Kathy Bonham July 14, 2014

I seem to be having the same problem with Statuses containing issues that are not visible on my Kanban board. Can you let me know how you solved the problem? I've changed the filter and it doesn't make a difference.

Kathy Bonham July 14, 2014

Got it, thanks

0 votes

Is 'filter definition' the same as 'filter query'?

If yes, it is like:

project = "Project_1" ORDER BY Rank ASC

It seems, that I've only changed filter name, not definition. How can I change its definition then?

Suggest an answer