How to connect JIRA to an Filemaker dadabase?

Ebs January 30, 2015

We are using Filemaker databases for our company. Now we want to use JIRA for project management. Now the question is "is it possible to connect JIRA to an Filemaker database?"

you can access an Filemaker database with JDBC or ODBC. How do i have to configure JIRA to use this database?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2015

There are two questions you might be asking here.

The first is "can you connect to a Filemaker database to get information out to work with in Jira" - the answer is yes, as you've got a jdbc connection (it's easier to use jdbc in Jira, as it's java based).  There are some addons that provide database fields and extracts.

The second question, which I think is probably the one you mean, is "Can I use Filemaker as the underlying database for Jira".  The answer is a hesitant yes.  It supports jdbc, and that's what JIRA will use to connect.  However, I'm not aware of anyone who has got this to work properly and it is NOT supported, so I can't recommend that you do it.  Stick to one of the four that are supported.

Tim Colletto February 12, 2016

I was just able to pull data form JIRA into FIlemaker.  It's read only, but might be helpful in some scenarios.  My JIRA db is MSSQL.  

Suggest an answer