How to configure static WAN IP to access JIRA?

Rahul Khokawat April 24, 2017

I am an QA engineer.

One of our client has set thier JIRA with secure IP to provide access and now they want my IP to provide thier JIRA access. The thing is I am usig WAN network so my IP is dynamic all the time. Do you have any suggestion over how to configure my dynamic IP to static one?

N.B. I have requested them to use wild card entry for my last 3 digit of IP but they want to keep thier JIRA secure by giving only one static IP per user. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2017

This is not a JIRA question, it's entirely about networking.

I'm not a network engineer, so there may be more options than I know of, but I suspect your choices are down to

• Getting them to open their network to all addresses your dynamic IP might take on
  • Get a static IP address from your network provider
  • Route your access through a server that has a static IP
  • Spoof the apparent issuing address of your packets (this, of course, renders their "secure IP" and allow-access ranges utterly pointless.  It's also a lot easier than people implementing access ranges seem to think it is, which is why I never bother recommending it.)

Suggest an answer