How to configure projects in JIRA Service Desk

Marion Haase June 2, 2017

I am still trying to configure the test software.  I am new to this and really need to figure out how best to tackle this project:

I am responsible for creating a solution for Change Management of a system whose parts are managed by multiple vendors.  Changes made may or may not impact other integrated systems and therefore other vendors must stay informed of all changes to determine if they are or are not impacted.  The decision of impact or not may not be immediately evident. 

I was thinking about a Project for each vendor and a Project for the issues that touch more than one system.  If that is the solution, then issues would need to be transferred from 1 project to another.

I am looking for any input on this matter both regarding the logic as well as the possibility of implementing such or any other guidance that may be out there.  Your assistance and insight is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

As you are talking about Change Management, impact to integrated systems and multiple vendors, I would suggest you definitely have a look at Insight (which you probably by fortunate accident mentioned yourself in the last sentence :-)).

Insight is an asset management solution from Riada integrating with Service Desk and taking it to the next level. You can find it on the Atlassian Marketplace.

The idea would be that you set up the system and its related information in Insight, create tickets in Service Desk indicating the concerned item from your system. And through the data in Insight you will get a clear view on impacted parts / parties of the system.

Suggest an answer