How to configure mail notification for "Multi user picker" custom field

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

HI,

I have created on custom field with the field type of "Multi user Picker". I need to configure the mail notification to the users in the custom field ( 'Multi user picker' ). Please guide me the steps.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 8, 2013

Hi,

If standard event notifications are enough, you can select the user picker field in JIRA's Notificaition Scheme as shown in the docs.

If you want to further customize notifications (with custom templates, external recipients, etc), you can use plugins like Email This Issue.

Tibor

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Hi, a possible solution to this would be using the Script Runner plugin, you can create a new listener that would send a custom mail when an event is fired: Send a custom email.

Altough, I never tried this and I don't know much of code, but I think this is what you are looking for.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Sendacustomemail

Suggest an answer