How to configure error message when an issue is submitted via email from an invalid address

We have a problem with users accidently submitting issues via email from email addresses that aren't associated with thier Jira user account. These issue submissions are lost.

How can you configure Jira to reply with an error email if no user is found for that email address?

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe that this is currently possible because OnDemand comes with a bundled SMTP mail server and that isn't configurable by end users at this stage. If this is fucntionality that you would like to see in a future release of OnDemand then I suggest that you open a feature request detailing your needs in the Atlassian OnDemand project of our development JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com

All the best,
John

Where exactly does one file a feature request? The link you gave points to a site that neither accepts my Atlassian answers account nor my personal OnDemand Jira account.

bump? I'm being chided by email for not being a good Atlassian Answers Citizen, but the answer is still incomplete.

Suggest an answer