How to configure different workflows for the same project, according to the group or user that is creating the issue?

Rodrigo Lima March 18, 2014

I'm trying to configure different workflows for the same project, according to the user group that is creating the issue. Is it possible?

Example: If the user who created the issue belongs to the group of clients users, he will use the first workflow (bigger). But if the user who created the issue belongs to the group of managers, he will use the second workflow (smaller).

How can i do this configuration?

tks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

In short you can't. Workflows can only be associated to Issue Type in the Workflow Scheme.

You can restrict the transitions in a workflow based on user/group, so this should solve your problem because the managers will go through a shorter path from status "open" to status "close" and the user will go through a different set of transitions (longer path)...

Rodrigo Lima March 19, 2014

Boris, how can i configure this "differents paths" in a workflow? I try to use post-functions for diferents user groups, but did'nt work.

tks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2014

Post-functions are too late.

Try Conditions on the trnasitions - only group A can do X, only group B can do Y and so on

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2014

Here's a sample:

Open

|

|

Progress

/ |

Test |

| |

Approved |

\ |

Closed

So the lines are different transitions and for example the transition from Progress to Closed can be limited only to managers and from Progress to Test and Test to Approved and Closed only to users

Rodrigo Lima March 20, 2014

thanks guys, this solution resolved my problem.

[]'s

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2014

No. The workflow used by an issue is completely determined by its project and issue type.

You can do things inside workflows with groups (e.g. only allow transition X to be done by group Y), but the workflow is locked to issue type.

0 votes
Rodrigo Lima March 18, 2014

Ok, thanks, i'll try to solve the problem that way.

Suggest an answer