How to configure collecting tasks with certain status from different boards to one certain board?

alexxkey January 25, 2018

I have 4 teams: backend, frontend, mobile and QA.

All teams work with a single workflow. Workflow contains "Ready for QA" status. And when every team change task statuses to "Ready for QA", the QA team lead should visit each team board to see tasks from every team.

Is it possible to configure something to send tasks with "Ready for QA" statuses from different boards to QA board. It helps to see all-in-one ready for QA tasks in one board. And if QA assignee test and approve the task, he change its status to "done" and it displays on that team board to which the task belongs.

This picture can help you to understand my situation.

Is it possible to configure boards to solve the problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hi Alex

Yes, this is possible to set up. I'm assuming this all relates to one project, but the concept would work even if it involved more than one project. The QA board will use the same filter as the project(s) / other boards. The board could potentially have 2 columns, where the left column maps to the Ready for QA status, and the second column could be Passed QA. (Done) All other statuses could remain in the unmapped section.

If it's possible - great! And thank you for answer Warren! (Yes that boards in different projects but with single workflow.)

But hot to configure that to receive tasks with ready for QA statuses in one QA board?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Let's say you have 3 projects, P1, P2 and P3. You want to see all issues that have a status of Ready for QA on one QA board.

Set up the QA board with a filter that includes project in (P1, P2, P3) which will show all issues from all 3 projects. Then set up the columns as I said earlier, so that it only shows certain statuses and it should work as you want it to

So, I should use JQL. I've never done it before.

I set up a filter. I hope I did it correct, here in Quick Filters section of board settings. Is it correct?

And then configure a columns, right?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2018

Sorry Alex, no the JQL doesn't go there. In the Board settings section, under General, look for the link Edit filter query. This is what you need to change, but you will need to be a board administrator to do it.

Then you're correct, go to Columns and you can drag each status around to where it needs to be

Thank you very much Warren! It works!

If not you, I would never have guessed how to do it. :)

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2018

Pleasure :)

Suggest an answer