How to configure an SMTP server on JIRA?

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

All is in the title, is anyone know ?

I read the documentation but it does not work, there is something I must not understand.

I'm on an evaluation instance, in localhost.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

Done, it was a problem with the antivirus.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2016

You need to follow the docs - go to mail servers and add a SMTP server with the right settings.

You haven't told us what you're doing, what error messages you're getting or even what doc you haven't followed.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

I've this : "An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.gmail.com, 465; timeout 10000;" in the mail log.

I've followed many documentations, tutorials etc... I try to set up a SMTP server to send notifications.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2016
Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

Do you know a documentation for the other kinds of mail addresses ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2016

Er, you said you already had that.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

That's true hehe, I think this is a firewall problem

Suggest an answer