How to configure SMTP setting.

Hardik Acharya May 1, 2014

Hello,

I have configured the incoming mail setting and configured successfully. and working fine.

Now, I want to configure SMTP setting means Outgoing mail setting.

Q-1 : I am not able to see any Add (or Update) SMTP Mail Server. I can see only Disable Outgoing mail button.

Can you please confirm where can I configure SMTP.

Q-2 : I want to do more thing How can I send the mail on Comment/Reply to recipient.

Please help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2014

Are you using OnDemand? Where you can't change the SMTP details?

Your second question is just a matter of getting the notification schemes for your projects correct - when someone comments on an issue, tell it to notify the people who should get email for it.

Hello Nic.

Thanks for reply !!!

When I am tryinf to add Add (or Update) SMTP Mail Server its not show in the in Outgoing mail.

Please help me is there any configuration of server side. We are using Cloude Server of JIRA.

Regards,

Danny Pate

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2014

Ok, so you are using OnDemand.

As I already said, you cannot set the SMTP server.

Hi Nic,

In the OnDemand, I want to configure add two dropdown box.

1. Project list dropbox.

2. Email ID dropbox which is define all email ID of selected project.

Please give me step.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2014

I'm sorry, that makes absolutely no sense to me.

1. Where are you looking? There are several places that you can get a project list, so which one is it? What are you trying to actually achieve there?

2. I can't even guess what you're talking about here.

Helli Nic,

When we add the comment or reply on Issue that time I want to add email ID field below the Viewable by All Users where I can select the Email ID or Project.

So We can send the mail to Perticular Email ID to notify the issue creater or other recipient users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2014

Commenting doesn't have the facility to add other fields as you do it, it really is just a comment box for entering comments.

I understand you want to send mail on comments now, but I don't really understand the rest of it.

Anyway, what you *should* do is look at your notification scheme. That determines who gets emailed when things are done, and one line is, as you'd expect, "comment", so you should be trying to work out rules for who you want to get the comments - issue reporter, assignee, groups, roles, issue creator (it's not always the same as the reporter), custom fields and so-on.

If you want to be able to enter emails raw, then you need to do two things. First, think through the security implications. Jira won't send email to people who don't have the rights to view an issue, as that could leak information. If you are totally sure that you want to be able to ditch this security and leak information to arbitrary email addresses, then have a look at the JETI plugin - that allows you to leak (in fact, you might want to check with your security team too - I mentioned it at one place and had to remove it because it was technically illegal for them to expose this security hole. It's fine for most people, but think it through).

Suggest an answer