How to configure LDAP authentication with WAR distribution of JIRA 5.0

Kristian Ashton March 1, 2012

Hi all,

I have just installed JIRA 5.0 from the WAR distribution under tomcat. I now want to configure, as I have for our JIRA 4.1.2 installation, user authentication via LDAP (just password authentication). The problem is that with the WAR distribution I do not get the option Administration -> Users -> User Directories !

Strangely though...when I use the stand-alone version of JIRA 5.0, then this option is available.

Does anyone have any ideas/tips regarding this? I definitely want to use the WAR distribution instead of stand-alone because our systems are already configured for a number of tomcat webapps.

1 answer

1 vote
Kristian Ashton March 1, 2012

It seems that this problem has something to do with the tomcat version. I generally use tomcat 7.0.23, but then just tried JIRA 5.0 out with tomcat 6.0.35 and I get the "User Directories" option.

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

Hey Kristian,

I know this is super-late, but this question may be better answered by our support team at support.atlassian.com. They'll be able to get you an answer on this if it is still a problem.

Suggest an answer