How to configure Jira Timesheets to to sum up Sub-Tasks

Mike Koebel March 10, 2015

I am trying to use the Timesheet Gadget but am looking for some help. I would like my timesheet to show hours logged for each day BY STORY. It appears that by default that hours are displayed by Sub-Task. To get the view I want, I can click on the Timesheet and select "Configure Timesheet", then mark "Sum Subtasks" and deselect "Show Details". However, these setting changes are not permanent and I have to select them every time and they do not show up on the dashboard when I log in. Is there a way to make these changes permanent so by default the Timesheet Report shows hours summed by Story?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

Hi Mike,

When you add gadget to dashboard, via Administration - System - System Dashboard, or Manage Dashboard, you can click drop down menu in top right corner, and chose Edit, there it should be possible to save configuration for gadget.

For report, it's possible to bookmark url with predefined options, just remove startDate and endDate, to make it variable. Please see http://www.jiratimesheet.com/wiki/Tips_and_Tricks.html#Weekly_Report also for more details.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer