How to configure Internal Issues and Activities as non-billable in tempo plugin?

Abhrajit Sarkar August 23, 2014

Hi,

We are evaluating Tempo plugin and tried to find the answer in many documentation but no help. I have created a project for common tasks (e.g. floor fun activity, team outing, travelling etc.) and added the issues in tempo as internal issues.

Now, first obvious concept is these tasks are not billable to any client projects. However, when a tempo user is opens Log Work screen and selects internal issues, there is no option to make the hours non-billable. This is ridiculous.

Is there a way to configure all issues from this project as non-billable? Please help.

4 answers

0 votes
Paul Farrell May 12, 2015

I too am a little frustrated about this issue. I log work as an Internal task and the associated hours show in the 'Billable' column. I am desperate to demo tempo to the management here but simply can't do it while this major glitch is evident. I fear they would instantly dismiss Tempo in favour of something else. 

Any raising in the priority of this issue would be very welcome

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

We are encountering problems with our Support system as we can not change the settings of the Sign up options. We are in contact with Atlassian about this.

We do have an issue in our backlog about inconsistencies of the billed field for internal issues. The Log work dialog shows the "billed" field when it gets accessed by clicking a cell in Timesheets (for an internal issue) and billed hours are showing in the report view and export. We are taking a look at this problem but I do not yet have a date/ version yet when changes for this will be released.

In case this is not the problem you are having, you can send us more information in support@tempoplugin.com

riafox-ben February 17, 2015

I have noticed that for internal issues it will show the same time entered for worked in the billed column. Is this the same issue you've mentioned here? Any progress on fixing it so that an internal issue does not log billed time?

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2015

This issue is in our backlog but I do not have information about the fix version for this. Regards, Susanne

riafox-ben February 18, 2015

Thank you for the update Susanne. If it's worth anything I would vote to move it up as it would save us time to filter out billable vs non-billable. :)

Linda Kragseth July 28, 2015

Is anything done on this issue jet? It is extremely frustrating for us. Please move this issue up on your task list!

Philipp Beer September 15, 2015

Is there any update on this? We are experiencing the same issue. Can you communicate a timeline for the resolution? Thanks & Regards, Philipp

Alexander Sundli-Härdig September 16, 2015

Any updates on this? It's strange to set billed hours on internal issues. We use a shitload of time setting billed = 0 on all internal hours.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2014

To create an Issue in our Support system, you need to create an account. When you get the Log In window, there is a "Create an account" link that you can use.

Abhrajit Sarkar August 25, 2014

I am not able to create an account as the email address domains are not allowed, as per the error messages. Can you please let me know which email domain is accepted as valid to create an account in your support system?

Thanks,
Abhrajit

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2014

Hi,

when an Issue is set as internal issue in Tempo , the "Billed" field should not be available. If this is the case in your Instance, can you create an Issue in our Tempo Support Project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTS) and attach screenshots of the Internal issue list and the Log Work dialog when an Interal issue is chosen.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Sure Susanne,

I will update the details soon.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Abhrajit

Hi Susanne,

I am facing some trouble creating an issue in your support system as of now. As of now, I am attaching the screen-shots here only for your convenience.

Thanks,

Abhrajit

Suggest an answer