How to concatencate custom fields into summary on "Create"

Vernon Bui November 30, 2017

Hi Atlassian Community!

Hopefully someone could help me out here. I need assistance on populating two custom fields into the Summary field that I will hide on my screen during the filling out of the issue/ticket.

I found this script online, but I'm having issues implementing it via Script Runner.

package UpdateIssue

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();

issue.setSummary(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName(“Legal Name”).getValue(issue).toString() + "/" + customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName(“Project Name/Code”).getValue(issue).toString())

I added this script by editing my workflow, going to Post Function in "Create."

When adding Post Function,  used "Script Post-Function, and added the script (above).

Now, I'm receiving this error below.

The following log information was produced by this execution. Use statements like:log.info("...") to record logging information.
2017-11-30 14:13:00,637 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: *************************************************************************************
2017-11-30 14:13:00,648 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: Script function failed on issue: null, actionId: 1, file: <inline script>
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.CachingCustomFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Integer) values: [10900]
Possible solutions: getCustomFieldObjectByName(java.lang.String), getCustomFieldObjectsByName(java.lang.String)
    at UpdateIssue.Script18.run(Script18.groovy:9)

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hello, 

What version of ScriptRunner are you currently using? You may need to make a few changes depending on that. 

Jenna

Vernon Bui December 4, 2017

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for chiming in, I'm using ScriptRunner v5.2.2. and Jira v7.2.6.

Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Hello, 

Thanks! 

After-reading your question I realized you're trying to do this on the create transition, which I don't think will actually work unfortunately.

I would recommend following the suggestion to use behaviours in order to do this from this question:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Groovy-Set-issue-summary-in-post-function-on-create/qaq-p/499306

Please let me know if you need any more help!

Jenna Davis

Suggest an answer