How to compute the value of a default field, from two custom field values?

Anche May 17, 2017

I would like to compute Priority of an issue, based on 'Severity' and Likelihood' (two custom fields). 

I'm looking forward for a solution with out adding plugins from marketplace? Is it possible to acheive this without buying plugins?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2017

Anu,

You can use the Kepler Custom Field (it's free) - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf/server/overview

Look for `SIL script (Calculated) Custom Field: Powered by SIL, scripted.` in the documentation - https://confluence.cprime.io/display/KCF

Anche May 18, 2017

Thanks.

Using this, I wonder if I can update the value of Jira default feild 'Priority' based on the values user selected for two custom fields ?

Is there an option within Jira to define two custom fields, and compute the value for a default field (by scripting)?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2017

There is nothing within JIRA for that. Again, this can be achieved by using script runner (paid though) or write a simple custom addon which has a post function implemented.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2017

If you are using JIRA Service Desk, then you can use the Automation module to set the priority of an issue based on the two mentioned custom fields.

Otherwise, you can't set a priority of an issue without a Marketplace add-on.

Anche May 17, 2017

Thanks.

In that case which add-on to use? and how much it will cost? Any indication?

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2017

There are two that comes to mind:

• Automation for JIRA is an automation add-on that allows you to perform tasks automatically based on a wide variety of conditions. There is a lite version that you can try out first before you purchase a license for it.
  • ScriptRunner for JIRA allows you to write custom scripts that would elevate your JIRA instance to a new level. It is a bit more advanced than Automation for JIRA if you are not into scripting.

Suggest an answer